Wholemeal Sourdough with a Splash of Rye
May 20, 2018
||Baker’s Percentage (%)
||1,125 + 75
|Wholemeal rye flour
|White bread flour
- Leaven did not float after an 7 hour overnight rest. Added a tablespoon of starter and waited an hour, just like in this recipe—it did make it taste pretty sour.
- Not sure if 1,500g or 1,450g of total flour used
- Dough is very sticky, but it did feel dry. Maybe the non-floating leaven meant there wasn’t enough active yeast to create strong gluten?
- Final shaping was done with wet hands, and no issue in the texture. This conflicts with the notes from Wholemeal Sourdough (Tartine).
- Baked at full max temperature (approx. 250Cº) for the full 40 mins, lead to burnt crust.